Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Getting started

Hi All! 

A few people have asked me to document my travels with respect to visitng places that have been featured on a show on The Food Network called "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives" as I start this I have already been to 152 locations that have been on the show.  The show is hosted by Chef Guy Fieri, who won the second season of a show called "The Next Food Network Star".  "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives" (or DDD) premiered in 2007 and is one of the networks top shows.  I have been watching it from the beginning and started to go to the different places in the summer of 2008, trying a few at a time, but last August they featured a couple from Michigan who had reached their 100th visit.  At the time I had been to about 70 so I decided that I wanted to get to the 100 level, too!  In the next few blogs I will tryn to relate some of the early visits I have made (depending on how well my memory is!). 

My first DDD visit was on Memorial Day 2008 to the Village Inn in Richmond, VA.  My buddy Barry and I had spent the day doing a Minor League baseball day seeing an afternoon game in Woodbridge, Virginia and then doing a night game in Richmond.  In between we stopped at the Village Inn.  The Inn is located on the campus of Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) and my real memory of that is a smoky, college bar.  I don't remember what I ate, but I did enjoy it and didn't realize what the next few years would bring me in visiting so many very cool places around the country.

Stay tuned!  The adventure is just beginning.....

No comments:

Post a Comment